2.5.6 Print information about an object
This is the command you use to list information about an object, and
there's plenty to choose from:
Dump <object spec> <what>
- The command
Dump <object spec> lists the name, path, creator
uid and euid of an object.
- This given parameter, unless matched by any of the other below, is
interpreted to mean a variable in the specified object. The command
then displays the value of that variable.
NB! This is a most amazingly useful parameter. It means that to
see a specific variable in an object, you do not have to change
its code to print it, you can extract it at any time. Of course, if you
need to see transcient behaviour you will still need to put in debug
print messages, but most of the time it's sufficient to see the results
as reflected by the contents of the variable in the object at the time
you can access it.
- This parameter lists information about all pending alarms running in an
- This parameter lists the cpu time consumed by the specified object. This
information actually is only interesting to mudlib developers and only
works if the driver is compiled with the PROFILE_OBJS flag.
- This parameter lists all gamedriver-relevant object flags associated
with the specified object together with some object status
information. This information actually is only interesting to gamedriver
- This parameter lists all function names defined by the specified object.
In case the list looks short to you, remember that most objects consist
of a long inheritance chain, and the inherited object's functions are
not listed; you will have to ask for them separately.
- This parameter lists some basic gamedriver-relevant information
associated with the specified object. This information actually is only
interesting to gamedriver developers.
- This parameter lists the entire inheritance chain of the specified object.
- `inv | inventory'
- This parameter lists the inventory of an object and numbers them for
easy further referencing.
- This parameter lists all pseudo-items, i.e. items that only have a
descriptive existence or command functionality existence, that has been
added to an object. The list of command items is split in a section
with commands and a section with items. Each pair of commands and items
is terminated with their index number.
- This parameter lists the light status for the specified object and
reports on the effects of all contained objects as well. It will tell
you the current light status and whether the object generates or
- This parameter lists any stored profiling information associated with the
specified object. This information is only interesting to gamedriver
developers and only works if the driver is compiled with the
- `props | properties'
- This parameter lists all properties stored in the specified object.
- This parameter lists all shadow active on the referenced object.
- `vars | variables'
- This parameter lists all variables of an object.
- This parameter prints the special wizard information that can be stored
in the OBJ_S_WIZINFO property in any object. This information is
directed only at wizards and should give directions on handling or the
purpose of the object.
Please notice that it's the responsability of the creator of the object
to make sure that this information is added to the object.
This document was generated
by Ronny Wikh on July, 8 2003